Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop Macbook Air

I can airdrop from my iphone to other computers on same network but my computer (macbook air 10.11) can't airdrop in or out. I dont see the permissions menu that should appear in blue that says "Allow me to be discovered by:... etc" so i thought it must be related. Help?User uploaded file

See screenshot.

Thanks

Sarah

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 3:45 PM

What year is your MacBook Air? The system requirements for a Mac for an iPhone to Mac AirDrop are different than they are for Mac to Mac. See the quote below from Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

To send items to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need a 2012 or newer Mac model with OS X Yosemite or later, excluding the Mac Pro (Mid 2012).
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2015 3:45 PM in response to sarahlfrombrooklyn

What year is your MacBook Air? The system requirements for a Mac for an iPhone to Mac AirDrop are different than they are for Mac to Mac. See the quote below from Use AirDrop to send content from your Mac - Apple Support

To send items to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need a 2012 or newer Mac model with OS X Yosemite or later, excluding the Mac Pro (Mid 2012).

Oct 4, 2015 3:45 PM in response to sarahlfrombrooklyn

I can think of two things. First, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on as well as WiFi. I believe that it requires both. Then, go to "System Preferences > Extensions > Share Menu" and make sure that AirDrop is enabled there. And lastly, make sure that your MacBook Air is on the same WiFi or local network segment as the others you want to AirDrop with.

Airdrop Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.