Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture 3.6 update temporarily unavailable

Updated to Yosemite and now aperture won't work.

Went to app store for update

Says "temporarily unavailable"

After looking at previous threads it seems that Apple has dropped aperture from it's range

The issue about buying it originally $$ and their seeming disregard for end users is a discussion for another day

but can is there a simple way to get it to work simply ? or is it a pain in the rear ?

Or, is "temporarily unavailable" Apples way of saying - sucked in

P.S I've read since that I'm supposed to check for updates before updating (my bad) but surely there's a simple fix for this ?

Ta

iMac

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:46 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:27 AM in response to haleeshutterfly

I had same problem when I updated to el capitan. Found answer on google.

Backup a copy of aperture to separate disk if you want. Drag aperture into trash, don't empty yet. Search computer and external drives that contain aperture application (use spotlight search to find where copies are). Restart then disconnect or eject drives that Have copies of aperture.

Go to the apple store where you purchases are. If the aperture application is hidden, unhide by going into account settings. In the purchases menu, aperture should now give you the option to install. If it still says update then apple has discovered a copy of aperture elsewhere on computer or external drive (it won't detect the trash).

Aperture will then install with the up to date version for your operating system. In my case aperture 3.6. If all goes well you can empty trash after the updated version of aperture works as it should.

Oct 8, 2015 11:00 PM in response to haleeshutterfly

You need to update to Aperture 3.6.

The "Updates" tab does not work for Aperture any longer. That is a red herring.

What is working, is reinstalling Aperture. But you can only reinstall, if Aperture is showing in your Purchases History at the App Store. It should, even if you bought Aperture 3 on a disk, if you ever updated Aperture to Aperture 3.5.1, the first App Store only version

If Aperture is showing in your Purchases history - the fourth tab of the AppStore,

• move the incompatible version to the Trash, but don't empty the Trash. Disconnect any backup drives, that might show an older Aperture version. Spotlight must not see Aperture anywhere installed.
  • Restart the App Store.
  • The button to the right of Aperture in the Purchases tab should now change to "Install". Click it.

If you do not see Aperture in your Purchases, contact the App Store Support and request a redeem code. In a few cases they helped. You will have to be very insistent.

Oct 8, 2015 11:20 PM in response to haleeshutterfly

haleeshutterfly wrote:

Thanks Leonie

I've since 'purchased' Aperture on disc

That being said your post specifically says "only if purchased in App Store"

I can't see it in purchases

I said "But you can only reinstall, if Aperture is showing in your Purchases History at the App Store. It should, even if you bought Aperture 3 on a disk, if you ever updated Aperture to Aperture 3.5.1, the first App Store only version"

It really depends on the Aperture version you are having now. If you already have Aperture 3.4.5 or Aperture 4.5.1, your Aperture version will have been associated with the App Store and should show among your Purchases, provided you are using the correct AppleID.

All Aperture versions beyond Aperture 3.4.3 have never been available outside the App Store and required that you associate the AppleID with the App Store, even if you originally bought the application on installer disks. So, which is last version of Aperture you installed?

Try Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store - Apple Support

So I guess we ring Apple for a redeem code ?

You bought an expensive Pro application and AppleSupport should help you to update it to the last compatible version. It is an incremental compatibility update, that you need to install, not a major new release.

aperture 3.6 update temporarily unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.