Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

el capitan microsoft word problems

Hi - I hear so many good things about this el capitan update, but to me it's been horrible. Not only do I not see any significant improvements, it's caused my most crucial programs to hopelessly crash. Every time I try to open Microsoft Word (2011), it immediately crashes and I get a Microsoft crash report error message. As a grad student in thesis, it's nothing short of disastrous. Thank God for Dropbox.

In desperation, I downloaded LibreOffice... which also crashed immediately on first launch. I can't get that to open either.

I can access and edit my docs in Pages, I guess, but I've never even used it before. And I can't create Word docs in it.

Also, Picasa crashes every time I try to open it. Picasa is how I view and edit photos I'm using for my thesis project. I do not know what to do.

I'm not a programmer or even that computer-savvy, and I have not the slightest clue how to fix this. I tried to revert using Time Machine but even that's not working. I've done Disk Utility / First Aid, Disk Doctor, etc. - not a bit of help.

Any and all information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2, Word for Mac 2011 el capitan profs

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:31 PM

There are no replies.

el capitan microsoft word problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.