Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up time capsule via scenario?

i am currently running all my devices wirelessly thru my airport base station. The ethernet cable is connected directly to the base station From my internet providers modem. The modem also runs my cable. The wireless is turned off on the modem. I purchased a 2TB airport time capsule.

can I swap the AirPort Extreme base station with the time capsule? And then run all my devices wirelessly thru the time capsule?

basically run everything the same way but swap the base station with time capsule. This will theN back up my iMac wirelessly?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:41 PM

Yes, that will work fine.

7 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:27 PM in response to trellaine201

You can although I don't recommend it.. the airport utility will allow you to select a replacement as an option.

Just plug the TC into the existing airport.. run through the setup wizard and do not follow the normal selection.. go to other options.

User uploaded file

Pick "Replace an Existing Device"

User uploaded file

The rest should be pretty straight forward.. but don't forget to shut down the whole network when you finish.. start up in correct order.

Modem.. wait 2min

TC.. wait 2min

Computers and other clients.

Set up time capsule via scenario?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.