Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete photo albums iPhone 5S

I downloaded ios9 and now I have all these new photo albums I do not want.

1) Is there a way to delete the selfies and screenshot albums?

2) I synced my photos with my imac and now I have an album that says "Pictures 555 from my mac" and it includes all the photos I synced with my imac. Is there a way to delete this album? The reason I synced them to my imac was so they wouldn't be on my phone anymore haha?

Thank you!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:20 PM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Sithways

There isn't a way to delete the Selfies or Screenshots albums (other than deleting all selfies or screenshots). You can request that option via http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

For the synced photos, in order to delete them you will need to sync again with iTunes using the instructions quoted below from: Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Oct 4, 2015 8:00 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you for your answer. I have a couple more questions if you have time to answer them I will really appreciate it.

1) If I delete said photos form either the selfies or screen shot albums - will they also be completely deleted from my camera role?

2) If I delete all synced photos in itunes as you suggested will they be deleted from my imac too?

Again, thank you!

Oct 5, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Sithways

Sithways wrote:

Thank you for your answer. I have a couple more questions if you have time to answer them I will really appreciate it.

1) If I delete said photos form either the selfies or screen shot albums - will they also be completely deleted from my camera role?

2) If I delete all synced photos in itunes as you suggested will they be deleted from my imac too?

Again, thank you!

Re 1 -- In order to remove the selfie or screen shots albums the photos would need to be completely removed from your phone. i.e. if you have a photo taken with the front camera on your phone, you will have a selfie album.

Re 2 -- Using iTunes to delete synced photos from the phone will not delete photos from your iMac. iTunes will only add or delete photos to the iPhone but will never do anything to the photos on the Mac.

How to delete photo albums iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.