Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 - Predictive option

My sister just got a iPhone 4 with version 7.1.2. We are unable to find the predictive option under Settings-General-Keyboard or anywhere on the phone. Is it necessary to update the software to get the predictive option? (I have an iPhone 4S with a later version and have the option.) Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, No Predictive option

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:50 PM

8 replies

Oct 4, 2015 6:50 PM in response to PeachesBlueboy

PeachesBlueboy wrote:

Thanks for your response but I'm still confused. I have a 4S and have version 9.0.2 with predictive text. I'm able to update the software whenever prompted. My sister's carrier says she can update her software but I hesitated any changes while she's still learning the phone. I think we'll try anyway and see if that works. Thanks again!!

You have an iPhone 4s but your original post said that your sister has an iPhone 4. The 4s can be upgraded through at least the current version (iOS 9.0.2) but the iPhone 4 cannot be upgraded beyond iOS 7.1.2 -- If her carrier said she can update beyond that, they are the ones that are confused.

The following link shows the highest supported operating system for each model: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices

iPhone 4 - Predictive option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.