Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to iOS 9.02 crash

I had a problem when I upgraded my iPad (first one with retina screen, can't remember what generation that is) to iOS 9.02 from 9.01. It got stuck in an infinite loop and would freeze when updating via the General tab in the iPad's settings. I then tried updating via iTunes on my computer. It would make it part way through, then hang. Eventually, I started getting an Error 52 code, which Apple doesn't explain what that means. This happened numerous times. Eventually, I let it sit a few days, then tried updating it via iTunes on another computer, and it worked. Naturally, since this was a different computer, I couldn't "restore" it, so the iPad is basically blank and I'll have to reinstall the apps, recreate folders, etc. Not great, but way better than it acting like a brick. My advice, if you have similar problems, is try connecting it to a different computer.

Best of luck,

patrick

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:59 PM

There are no replies.

update to iOS 9.02 crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.