Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf file will not save

iOS 9.0.2 Will not save a pdf file to ibooks or transfer to another app from Safari.

Is there a solution or just wait and see if Apple Fixes this ?

This problem was not present in iOS 8 !

Yes Yes. Did soft reset.

Did Hard Reset.

and

Full back up and restore from itunes.

Does not work !

NO !

Will not erase and start fresh install ! This is a software problem that will happen again if I start fresh. Sinking Feeling on this one ! 🙂

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 5:36 PM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2017 4:36 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I cannot save any PDFs at all. The only option I’m ever given is Copy and Speak. I used to get options for saving. No this is not an isolated case. This happens with absolutely EVERY PDF of every type including PDFs I have already seen and had the option to save. This has begun since the last Update. I can no longer save free PDFs from any website and I have restarted my phone numerous times since this has begun. I’m really sick of iPhone claiming it’s a Me problem when it’s an Apple problem.

No option to save free PDF

User uploaded file

Oct 4, 2015 5:42 PM in response to Pacific_Beach_Apple_Guy

Is this just on your iPhone, or does it also happen on something else? What you are saying is you do not see the option to open in iBooks? Is that correct? I've just tested it on my iPad Mini, first generation on iOS 9.0.2 and after opening a pdf file from Safari, you do not immediately see the option to open in iBooks, or use another option, but if you tap on the document, the option appears in the upper right of the document.

I was able to do the same thing on my iPhone 6s running iOS 9.0.2 as well.

Oct 4, 2015 6:03 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris.

Thanks for replying.

If you touch on the screen in Safari I do not get the option on top or from the little box in the bottom with the arrow. My wife got my iOS 6+ and hers works properly.(iOS8) on that one.

The new way to send to iBooks is with a little orange square that says send pdf to iBooks. The problem is in the code as this option appears and the Vanishes when it want to ! Actually it's like looking at Hoodini. Now you see it now you don't. When it is visible and you click it it does not take the pdf to ibooks.

Talked to support today and they have no idea. They wanted me to check if it worked in Twitter and Facebook. That should give you an idea why this is now a problem. (To many things going on behind this part of the code).

What I just want to know is if Apple will make iOS 9 work like iOS 8 and iOS7 when it comes to pdf file handling ! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to Me !

Thanks for you time and have a Nice Sunday Night ! 🙂

Oct 4, 2015 6:27 PM in response to Pacific_Beach_Apple_Guy

Ok Started from clean install.

First thing that I did was go to Safari and open a page with a PDF. Open properly and the Open in iBooks is at the top like normal. Pressing this Open in iBooks button send it to iBooks and you can go to iBooks app and see the file correctly.

The base software is not the problem.

Thanks for your attention.

🙂

Oct 4, 2015 8:41 PM in response to Pacific_Beach_Apple_Guy

I have a 6s on iOS 9.0.2 and mine works like I described, which is what you described as to how it worked in iOS 8 for your wife. If you do not select iBooks, then it will disappear, or if you scroll the document slightly it will as well.

I'm glad you got it going. Hope this won't change for you, but it could be something in your backup was not right which caused the problem, which is why you were able to get it working with a factory restore.

Oct 5, 2015 8:48 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Up Date.

After Erasing 100% of all my stuff and starting with a Fresh Phone.

If you don't install any app that handles PDF files Safari keeps working correctly. The moment you install any file that handles PDF files be it acrobat or a web page to PDF file converter Safari's send to iBooks functions stops working (Correction it disappears all together). I am heading to the Apple store to see if they have any idea about this magical experience!

The problem is in the handling of the apps interface inside the code. So I predict that Apple Store Genius Bar visit will be Fruit less ! 😉

Wish me Luck.

Oct 5, 2015 12:06 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Good Day.

Went to the Apple store and the final Solution to this problem was the following.

iPhone 6 s

Original software 9.0.1

Original Firmware XX

No simple solution to original problem

Solution:

Tech Burned a Fresh Copy of the Firmware into the phone.

Installed a Fresh Copy of iOS 9.0.2

Problem with PDF file handling Resolved.

Thanks for your comments and attention Chris ! Have a nice day !

Thanks Apple for Tech at Apple Store Fashion Valley !

pdf file will not save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.