Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Nightmares

My iPad is associated with an old account that has been erased. There is no password to get from apple because the account is not there, you can not make a new account using that old email because Apple says it is there. This is a catch 22... I just want to delete the iCloud account and update it to my new iCloud account but it won't accept the password because there is no password, there is no account. But the little window does not believe me and continues to ask me to sign out of an account that doesn't exist??? I also accidentally, in my frustration updated my iOS, something I NEVER EVER DO with apple products because it always breaks more than they say it fixes and now I'm stuck with 9.0.2 where I can't jailbreak or downgrade my version to solve the issue.

When will Apple make products that actually work?User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:48 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2015 6:55 PM in response to ManIHateTheseThings

You need to do the followoing:

1. Go to Manage your Apple Id and sign in with your current ID and password: Apple - My Apple ID

2. EDIT your current ID to the old ID. This is temporary. Do NOT verify the ID, do NOT change the password

3. Go to Settings>iCloud on your device, scroll to the bottom of the deice and sign out. When asked, type in the current Apple ID password

4. Go back to Mange your Apple ID, sign on with the old ID and the current password, and EDIT your ID back to your current ID. You may need to verify it again

5. Go back to Settings>iCloud on your device and sign on with your current Apple ID and password

Cheers,

GB

iCloud Nightmares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.