Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro mid 2012 13" shows only a white screen

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro mid 2012 13" and it has some issues.

It first started about a week ago with some unexpected restarts. Then I start to see the prohibitory sign. I tried everything I could with Command+R. But what ever option I would choose would make my laptop to freeze. Note: I would have to hold the command+R for about 30 minutes until would get in recovery mode.

The only thing I was able to do was to delete everything from my HD with some commands I read here on forum(I can't remember now). After that was done, my laptop restarted and shows only a white screen after I hear the chime.

I tried all the keyboard combinations I found on internet. I held some of them for 30+minutes and nothing.

I bought a new HD, I used TransMac so i can make it ready for my MacBook Pro (format+restore image). I did the same with the old one. I created a bootable USB stick. Tried all keyboard combinations again and again and nothing. Still the white screen. I reseted the PRAM for couple times as well.

I would gladly appreciate if any of you has any idea how to bring this laptop back to life.

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:05 PM

There are no replies.

My MacBook Pro mid 2012 13" shows only a white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.