Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th gen iPod nano not identified in iTunes

Today iTunes stopped recognizing both my iPhone 6 and my 7th gen iPod nano. I was able to fix the problem with the iPhone by reinstalling the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver, but I have not been able to solve it for my nano. Every time I connect my nano to my computer I get a message in iTunes saying that it can't identify the iPod properly. None of the steps I've taken in the troubleshooting article for this problem have worked, and the more advanced solutions are geared more toward iPhones, iPads, & iPod touches rather than a 7th gen iPod nano.

I'm running the latest version of iTunes (12.3.0.44 64-bit), on Windows 10. I reinstalled iTunes at least three times, and ran a Windows update, and the problem still persists. Are there any other options I can try, or should I just resign myself to never updating this iPod again/getting a new one?

iPod nano, generation 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 6:24 PM

1 reply

7th gen iPod nano not identified in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.