Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have used an Apple iPod for years. Recently switched to Windows 10. Now I get a message that the computer doesn't recognise the iPod. It doesn't show up under Devices in iTunes. Can anyone help?

Have used an iPod Nano for years. Recently switched to Windows 10. Now I get a message that the computer doesn't recognize the iPod. It also doesn't appear under devices. Can anyone give me a clue.

iPod nano (6th generation), Windows 10, iPod doesn't appear under Devices

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:42 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2015 8:01 PM in response to DeltaDale

You say you recently switched to Windows 10. Had you been using the iPod nano with Windows or the Mac before switching to Windows 10? It would be helpful if you could give more details.

In the meantime and generally, an iPod with a new computer needs to be "re-authorized" to use it on new computer. This will delete all content on iPod. Then you can sync the new computer to iPod.

Have used an Apple iPod for years. Recently switched to Windows 10. Now I get a message that the computer doesn't recognise the iPod. It doesn't show up under Devices in iTunes. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.