Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is lookup gone from new OS 10.11 update?

I recently updated my macbook pro to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and now the three tap Lookup feature (looks up the word in dictionary) is gone. I also can't find it in the settings anymore. Is there anyway I can get it back? Or is it just gone in the new update? If so, I hope they bring it back.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:03 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2015 7:03 AM in response to hwang3320

Hi hwang3320,

Thank you for becoming an Apple Support Communities member and for taking the time to create your first post! :)

To continue to use the tap with three fingers gesture, you may need to reenable this gesture in your Trackpad preferences.

To see how to perform gestures, customize how gestures work, and set options for your trackpad or mouse, open Trackpad or Mouse preferences.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Trackpad preferences or Mouse preferences.

OS X El Capitan: Learn trackpad and mouse gestures

I love the three finger tap gesture as well and can understand your frustration when it did not function the way you expected. We invite you to reply and let us know if this information was helpful to you in resolving this issue or to provide further information. We are here to help!

We’re glad that you are here and a part of the Apple Support Communities! We look forward to hearing more from you!

Best!

is lookup gone from new OS 10.11 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.