Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Photos on iPhone - From Photos > Collections

Hi,

I hav done a reasonable amount of reading both on and off Apple support and can not find a solution.

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS9. I would like to delete photos that appear under > Photos (Photos home screen icon) > Photos which then displays Collections (by year and date).

User uploaded file

Problem is: When the "Select" option (top righthand corner) is selected and a photo selected the "Trash" symbol is greyed out! So I can not delete them from iPhone.

User uploaded file

The photos are location and date ordered and appear on my MAC, so I don't want them on my iPhone . I've considered syncing and then de-syncing BUT, the particular location and date "folder" does not appear in the Sync area in iTunes. Secondly, any location or date folder that does appear in the Sync section of iTunes does not appear on my iPhone (which is what I would like) - If that all makes sense.

Is there an easy solution to be able to delete these photos of iPhone??

Regards

Ash767

iPhone 5

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:42 PM

There are no replies.

Deleting Photos on iPhone - From Photos > Collections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.