Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble getting photos to windows computer.

I do not have the album photo stream on my iphone since the update. I have icloud on my windows computer and I can see my contacts, notes, and calendar on my computer from icloud. I have icloud turned on. How do I get my photos from my phone to my computer via icloud. I have read how to but I can not figure it out. Thank you very much.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 7:36 PM

8 replies

Oct 4, 2015 8:19 PM in response to elcpu

I can upload my photos that way. I have always done it that way. But I was trying to only upload the ones via icloud. I have the app on my computer turned on. I have photo stream on my phone turned on. There is no album called photo stream anymore. How do I upload them to my computer via icloud? No cable.

Oct 5, 2015 8:39 AM in response to rrachrek

I am going to re-read all of the posts on this thread from the beginning and see what I can come up with. I will get back shortly. A "fix" is a bit of detective work and often takes more than one attempt. Sometimes we, as users, cannot fix anything - hardware defects can only be handled by an Apple Dealer - software bugs can be referred to Apple Feedback but they take time. At this point I do not know what the issue is but we may be able to figure it out, just a bit of time....

Oct 5, 2015 8:52 AM in response to rrachrek

OK, I have re-read all of our posts.... I then checked the Apple site... The following article is the best I can come up with about the use of My Photo Stream. It applies to a Windows PC as well. I would follow the steps there slowly and carefully to see if they resolve your issue. Before you do that I would do a forced restart per my instructions below. A forced restart is simple, quick, and essentially "no risk" but has been known to resolve a lot of issues. I do not expect it to work here but you have nothing to lose by trying. Please do so. Then go to this article.

My Photo Stream FAQ - Apple Support

I would appreciate your feedback,

elcpu

Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Oct 6, 2015 8:29 PM in response to elcpu

I wanted to say thank you for all of your help. I followed those instructions, including resetting my phone and uninstalling i cloud on my computer, still did not work. So I decided to back up my phone by USB to my computer, then restore it to brand new, then I backed it up from that current back up. And poof, I cloud is working!! I have pictures on my i cloud folder, on my computer. Thank you for all of your time.

Oct 6, 2015 8:39 PM in response to rrachrek

You are welcome... I would recommend that you import the pictures to your computer using the import function as iTunes is not the most reliable place to backup your photos. I would have recommend the full restore you did above but not knowing the status of your photos that was a bit risky. I have all my photos imported and backed up directly to my HD so a full restore is no problem for me. Best...

🙂

Trouble getting photos to windows computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.