Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to Report spammer/hacker using fake Apple email domain

Hi,

I've been hearing news about Apple being a favorite for hackers and spammers, I've received email from Apple supposedly, but when I checked the full email address it says... "@email.apple.com" which is not what I get regularly from the real apple domain "@apple.com"

So... I logged in at your support page, looking for that part where I can report this (including the email details so you could trace this).

I also suggest you should have a sandbox for reporting email fraud and scam, so we could just forward that scam mail

Well, thanks and have a nice day.

regards,

Perry B.

(raydi89)

<Personal Information Edited By Host>

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:10 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2015 10:49 AM in response to raydi89

Howdy ray

email.apple.com is a valid subdomain owned by Apple > http://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=email.apple.com

For that matter the DOMAIN " apple.com " is the only indicator of validity of anything in a communication from Apple.

I think you should carefully inspect the content of the email (of course the HEADER - return path is spoofable) for tell-tale signs that it is not from Apple - spelling good? Your RealName in the greeting?(Apple knows it and uses it as a "warm fuzzy" assurance of their emails legitimacy) - links got to where they say on Hover? etc.

If you still think the email is bogus, Forward as ATTACHMENT to reportphishing@apple.com - see > http://www.apple.com/legal/more-resources/phishing/

Where to Report spammer/hacker using fake Apple email domain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.