Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ear Speaker not working since iOS 9.0.2

the title explains it all. The ear speaker is not working when I put the phone by my ear. Headphones and all Bluetooth devices work fine. I have turned off the Bluetooth, I have restarted my phone, made sure the ear piece is clean , the volume is all the way up, and I made calls from lots of different area, thinking it was my provider.

The the other end of the call can hear me fine, but I can not hear anything. I am thinking it is the phone, but because it is a first gen iPhone I wanted to check if someone else has had this problem too

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, First generation, bough first day

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 8:54 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Unsureofname...

I manage mobile phones for the company I work for and i have had several employees come to me within the last two days with similar issues. In some cases, the employee has a hard time hearing the person on the other line, it is at full volume and yet very hard to hear. In other cases, the employee can hear the person on the other line just fine, but they cannot hear the employee at all. All issues began immediately after installing 9.0.2 and i have ensured the settings are correct and speakers are clean.

Any one have an answer? Or do we simply have to wait, meanwhile nobody can make a proper phone call....

Ear Speaker not working since iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.