Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.0.2 update done - iPhone 5s can't back up to iTunes

Can anyone help me - I can't back up my phone to itunes

Got this message after I tried to back-up my iPhone 5s after updating up the ISO 9.0.2

User uploaded file

checked for updates - got this message....

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:22 PM

9 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Jacqueline Ramsay

The current version of iTunes is 12.3.

You have not told us what type of computer you have (Windows, Mac), and what version operating system it has.

I think your screen shot suggests you are using a Mac. you need at least OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). Your machine will indicate an old version of iTunes is the most current version because that is the most current version it can handle:

User uploaded file

Oct 4, 2015 10:15 PM in response to Jacqueline Ramsay

Correct. And your machine may be too old to accept even Mountain Lion (which is now three years old).

This lists the hardware requirements for the current OS X version (El Capitan). I think the requirements for Mountain Lion are about the same:

Upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

Look at it this way - you've gotten more than your money's worth having a computer for seven + years.

Oct 4, 2015 10:22 PM in response to Jacqueline Ramsay

There is a chance. If you have an iMac or MacBook Pro, you should be able to upgrade. You probably also need at least 2GB of RAM. Click the Apple icon in the Menu Bar, then "About This Mac", then post a screen shot of the first screen you see.

UPDATE - Sorry, that screen has changed and my memory is fuzzy. If that is the 10.6.8 shot you already posted, then click "More Info" and post that one please.

9.0.2 update done - iPhone 5s can't back up to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.