Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad disabled "try again in 23,639,632 minutes"... WHAT??! How do I fix this, obviously a fault??!

I have an iPad here that one of the kids has obviously tried to use (ages: 3 and 4!). It is now locked. Usually not an issue, BUT it states "try again in 23,639,632 minutes" - how is this even possible??! I have tried shutting it down and starting up again but it's still locked. The minutes count down never changes either, it's been over an hour and the number of minutes remains unchanged. This is obviously a fault, has anyone else seen this? Any ideas on how I can reboot or reformat or SOMETHING so it is usable?!

**EDIT: since yet another forced reboot, the countdown has finally changed. To 23,639,620 minutes...

Message was edited by: chikaminx

iPad, null

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:03 PM

Ignore the number and follow the instructions.

(134444)

5 replies

Oct 4, 2015 9:58 PM in response to reckonankit

Understand that, but if I wait the given time I calculated I will be sitting here for just a bit under 393,993 hours, or 16,416 days, or just under 45 years... Surely the iPad should have been disabled PRIOR to the number getting that high??! There must be a way to reformat this iPad, wipe it completely back to factory settings BEFORE the 45 years countdown is complete?! Given that it will likely be obsolete technology by then anyway... 😐

iPad disabled "try again in 23,639,632 minutes"... WHAT??! How do I fix this, obviously a fault??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.