Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had entered the Registration code to upgrade Quicktime 7 to Quicktime 7 Pro precisely as instructed and did notice the "Quicktime 7 Pro" message, but it did not unlock Quicktime Pro even after restarting the program and the computer several times.

I have entered the Registration Key to upgrade Quicktime 7 to Quicktime 7 Pro precisely as instructed, and did notice the "Quicktime 7 Pro" message indicating upgrade successful. However it doesn't unlock the Quicktime 7 Pro even after restarting the program and computer several times. Please help!

Personal computer-OTHER, Windows XP

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 10:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:44 PM

Hi jabajet,

If you see the QuickTime Pro logo, then your registration was successful. Take a look at the information below:

About QuickTime 7 Pro registration keys (codes) - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201691

To install QuickTime Player 7 on Mac OS X v10.6 and later, see Installing QuickTime Player 7.

To enter your QuickTime 7 Pro registration key into the QuickTime Player 7 application

1. In Finder choose Go > Utilities.
  2. Double-click "QuickTime Player 7" to open it.
  3. In QuickTime Player 7 choose QuickTime Player 7 > Registration.
  4. Type your name and QuickTime 7 Pro registration key into the fields exactly as they appear in the email sent to you by the Apple Online Store. Registration keys consist of five groups of four characters separated by dashes. Use zeros (0), and not uppercase Os. Once you have entered all of the information, press the Tab key. The QuickTime logo will change to the QuickTime Pro logo, denoting that registration is complete.

Take care,

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 9:44 PM in response to jabajet

Hi jabajet,

If you see the QuickTime Pro logo, then your registration was successful. Take a look at the information below:

About QuickTime 7 Pro registration keys (codes) - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201691

To install QuickTime Player 7 on Mac OS X v10.6 and later, see Installing QuickTime Player 7.

To enter your QuickTime 7 Pro registration key into the QuickTime Player 7 application

1. In Finder choose Go > Utilities.
  2. Double-click "QuickTime Player 7" to open it.
  3. In QuickTime Player 7 choose QuickTime Player 7 > Registration.
  4. Type your name and QuickTime 7 Pro registration key into the fields exactly as they appear in the email sent to you by the Apple Online Store. Registration keys consist of five groups of four characters separated by dashes. Use zeros (0), and not uppercase Os. Once you have entered all of the information, press the Tab key. The QuickTime logo will change to the QuickTime Pro logo, denoting that registration is complete.

Take care,

Oct 7, 2015 7:29 PM in response to Rysz

Thank you Rysz! Yes, following your suggestion, I did notice the previously greyed out features indeed became functional, that is a big relief. I went through all the various menus to confirm the changes, but going back to the main QuickTime 7 program, everything else stays the same, all greyed out options stay greyed out, still no change to QuickTime 7 Pro logo.

Oct 8, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Rysz

As you suggested, I had run a video clip, clicked through all the previously greyed out features to make sure they were functional, then closed the video clip. When I return to the main QuickTime Player program, the features remained greyed out as they were, even after restarting the program and the computer, and you are correct the QuickTime name and logo did not change. I was expecting the name and logo would display QuickTime 7 Pro with all the Pro features 'enabled'.

I had entered the Registration code to upgrade Quicktime 7 to Quicktime 7 Pro precisely as instructed and did notice the "Quicktime 7 Pro" message, but it did not unlock Quicktime Pro even after restarting the program and the computer several times.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.