Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb el capitan

Since I upgraded to OS 10.11, my USB foot switch isn't working anymore - neither on the Air nor the Pro macbook.

It's a simple but very effective footswitch which I use for transcribing interviews with transcription software.

Doesn't seem the only USB problem with El Capitan...

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Oct 4, 2015 11:26 PM

13 replies

Oct 28, 2015 11:34 AM in response to capercailzie

hi everybody! similar problem here!

MacBook Air - Upgrade to el capitan

2 usb ports working properly. But when I plug in the i-phone i get an error message to unplug the usb device that is drawing to much power.

After that the phone is not recognized at all from neither of the ports but if i plug something else it is working properly.

...el capitan developed an allergy to my iPhone (4s) 😟

Nov 30, 2015 2:55 AM in response to capercailzie

Since my upgrade to OS X 10.11 (currently 10.11.1) I also have USB port problems. When I plug-in a USB stick or USB external hard drive it is recognized, at first, but does not show up in Finder. When I remove the USB device and plug it in again right away it is working.

This problem have also two other colleagues, therefore I do not think that it is specific to my MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2014.

Jan 14, 2016 6:00 AM in response to Sordon

1) Apple does watch this forum. You need to go here to contact them

www.apple.com/feedback

2) If this is an issue with and music sw/hw I'll share with you some info I came across with Line 6 as to why my HW did not work with 10.11. A blog from one of the SW devs at Line 6 responded to another user they were "Working with Apple" on a fix for the issues inherent to 10.11 but after the 10.11.2 update the situation "was better, but not satisfactory" which if this has any truth to it might explain why there are a number of posts in the El Cap forums with issues relating to various music and recording sw/hw issues (both Apple and 3rd Party) and sporadic resolve if any.

So the whole "developers had months" response that can apply in many cased may not apply in this one if Apple is seeding 10.11 music tools that are borked to begin with.

usb el capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.