Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Keyboard not working with bootcamp Windows 7 x64

Hello,

I just bought a Mac Mini Late-2012. Installed OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) and created a Bootcamp partition to Install Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I'm using the Apple USB Keyboard and the wireless Magic mouse. Both worked well during the installation and for the first boot.

Then I installed the Bootcamp drivers on Windows. Starting from this step, the keyboard and the mouse stopped working: I can't log in my Windows system.

I also tried with a PC USB keyboard, but I didn't have an USB mouse to test.

I installed VMware Fusion 8 and ran the Bootcamp partition from OSX. This way I can use my Windows system. And maybe this way I can install some missing driver for my keyboard and mouse so that they work when I boot directly to my bootcamp partition ?

Can someone help me please ?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:07 AM

10 replies

Oct 6, 2015 1:02 AM in response to Loner T

No Apple drivers were installed under HID Devices. So I manually installed the drivers provided in the Bootcamp package, in the Apple directory. Then, I could successfully use the Apple USB keyboard, magic mouse and magic trackpad. I also have the wireless keyboard to configure, but this must be easy now.

I did the installation while booted into the bootcamp partition with VMware Fusion. Also, a standard Microsoft USB mouse worked well without additionnal drivers.

What I found strange is that those drivers didn't install with the Bootcamp setup.exe like other drivers such as network, VGA, sound, SDcard reader, etc. Therefore, I'm wondering if there are other drivers to install manually ?

Oct 11, 2015 4:32 AM in response to Loner T

OK, here is a summary of how I solved my problem.

As I changed the drive for an SSD, I reinstalled both OS X and Bootcamp partitions.

This time, when installing the Bootcamp drivers, I waited until Windows finished discovering and installing every driver. This can take a *very long* time especially when Windows is trying to find the drivers on Windows update.

After that, I still had some unknown device. I manually installed every driver. No way. I had to run the Bootcamp setup.exe once again to correctly detect and install the Intel management drivers (missing PCI Simple Communication Controller).

Finally, everything is in order now.

Thanks everybody here for your help.

USB Keyboard not working with bootcamp Windows 7 x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.