Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB keyboard not working with bootcamp Windows 7 x64

Hello,

I just bought a Mac Mini Late-2012. Installed OSX 10.11 (El Capitan) and created a Bootcamp partition to Install Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I'm using the Apple USB Keyboard and the wireless Magic mouse. Both worked well during the installation and for the first boot.

Then I installed the Bootcamp drivers on Windows. Starting from this step, the keyboard and the mouse stopped working: I can't log in my Windows system.

I also tried with a PC USB keyboard, but I didn't have an USB mouse to test.

I installed VMware Fusion 8 and ran the Bootcamp partition from OSX. This way I can use my Windows system. And maybe this way I can install some missing driver for my keyboard and mouse so that they work when I boot directly to my bootcamp partition ?

Can someone help me please ?

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:49 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2015 1:21 AM in response to mightor68

I found a solution. So use your mouse to click the bottom left "Assistance" button at the login screen. There is an option to use an on screen keyboard click that and use it to log in. Then once in go into Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers then click your key boards name then go to the "services" tap check the box that says drivers for keyboard then apply. Then put both your hands together and thank the good lord my parents made love that winter. Ps i just realized once you are in apple will offer you the blue tooth update anyway which will likely fix it also you just need to get in to your account really.

User uploaded file

USB keyboard not working with bootcamp Windows 7 x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.