Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 sluggish after iOS 9.0.2 upgrade

So iOS 9.0.2 was released for iOS devices and I allowed it to install overnight on my iPhone, and that resulted in no problems.

However, I did the same for my iPad Air 2 and now the entire device is sluggish and glitchy. The only thing I can do successfully is input my passcode after hard-rebooting my iPad. The iPad repeatedly shows that it is dropping and reconnecting to Wi-Fi, swiping over for more apps results in a freeze that takes about 6-7 seconds to animate, apps will not open because my finger presses are not registering, and I can't soft-reboot because the iPad cannot register my finger to slide to power off. I can't properly use my iPad right now because iOS 9.0.2 renders it a paperweight.

Yes, I have rebooted it in every way possible, repeatedly. I may end up rolling back to iOS 9.0 with the right IPSW, but I would still like to hear if anyone is experiencing the same problem and if there is a "solution" (the only real solution is a proper fix).

"I'm calling this update a 'bad apple'".

iPad Air, iOS 9.0.2, iPad Air 2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:02 AM

Thank you Iggy. I was just about to make this mistake of upgrading and something told me to check this out first. I am happy with my Ipad2 with its 8 version. Thank you for your advice - I hope you can find a fix.

3 replies

Oct 11, 2015 12:22 PM in response to IggyMidomi

I am so glad you posted this because I thought there was something wrong with our WiFi. I have the iPad Air 1 and am having exactly the same issues and have gone through all the correction procedures you did. I am able to use Kindle. My mail usually - but not always - works. some apps work, but I have issues with weather radar and Google searches are painfully slow or kick out. (This is VERY frequent!) News pages sometimes load OK, but frequently, they come in and there are no photos which locks up the article I want to read. And my iPad also locks up. I have checked my storage and internet speed and it is adequate. I could not respond to your comment on the iPad as the keyboard wouldn't appear, so I had to come in on the PC.....My next tablet will be a Microsoft Surface. I am tired of Apple updates which create issues. Fortunately, I do not use an iPhone and never intend to get one. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave.......

iPad Air 2 sluggish after iOS 9.0.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.