Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3: doesn't open podcast

Hello.

I'm on a MacBook Air - 2014 model, with OS X El Capitan 10.11 installed and iTunes 12.3 installed.

(I've been having this problem since updating to iTunes 12!)

Whenever I open my iTunes and select any podcast I downloaded, I never can's hear/view the file!

A window opens telling me 'the file requires Quicktime; this application isn't supported by this version of iTunes'.

If I go into iTunes Store and select any podcast, the same happens!

Why is this happening? Also, for work related purposes, I still use QuickTime 7.6.6... before I installed it, the 'bug' already happened!

Also, I decided to clean install OS X EL Capitan... but this didn't solve the problem! Like I mentioned before, it started to happen after updating iTunes to version 12... and I was still on OS X Yosemite!

Any ideas anyone?!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have!

All the best!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 4:25 AM

1 reply

iTunes 12.3: doesn't open podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.