Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New events in iCal delete title and replace with "NEW EVENT" (have to enter it twice to stick?)

When I enter an event into my iCal, the details get replaced with the generic NEW EVENT title (and all other location and notes will be removed) once it syncs with the cloud a few seconds later. I tried to delay syncing to the cloud every 15 minutes so it wouldn't do this, but it hasn't fixed the problem (and still syncs right after I enter it). Help???

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 5:35 AM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2015 5:04 PM in response to sarahlewis

Note also MacBooks can't run iOS. Go to Apple menu -> About This Mac to identify your operating system. This will help people give you more accurate feedback. Apple changed iCal to Calendar with the release of Mac OS X 10.8, Mountain Lion. 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan have been released since then. So knowing what you have installed is essential. Please update your signature, and post in a reply.

New events in iCal delete title and replace with "NEW EVENT" (have to enter it twice to stick?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.