Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Video tab missing in 12.3.0.44 - Windows

When importing a home movie (mp4), it used to come in as a Home Video. Simply go to the Home Video tab, choose Options for the file and change it to Movie. Now in 12.3.0.44 (and 12.2.1.16), the Home Video tab is no longer there and I can't find my imported videos.

User uploaded file

null-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 6:29 AM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2015 8:03 AM in response to turingtest2

Very interesting...

I changed the Option on an existing video from Movie to Home Video and the Home Video tab appeared. I then added the new .mp4 to the library and they appeared under the Home Video tab.

So, if you don't have anything as a Home Video and you add an .mp4, it will never show up. You have to have an existing video designated as a Home Video to add it. After that, you can change the media kind to Movie.

Home Video tab missing in 12.3.0.44 - Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.