Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with iOS9 and iCloud publishing to Google Calendar

I have found an issue with respect to having Google Calendar subscribe to an iCloud calendar since iOS 9 came out. Here is what is going on. On my iPhone, if I create an event and put in the location, and iOS figures out the address of the location, then the exported event will include a part that says X-APPLE-MAPKIT-HANDLE= and a bunch of stuff after that. If I export the iCloud version of the ICS file and try to import it into Google Calendar, I get a message that "Google Calendar isn't available right now". If I edit that ICS File to remove the X-APPLE-MAPKIT-HANDLE= part, then it imports just fine.

I only had 2 events in my calendar with that in there, so I went into my iPhone and changed the addresses of those 2 events to not use numbers, i.e., change 735 Main Street, to SEVEN THREE FIVE Main Street, and then the subscription from Google Calendar to my iCloud calendar worked fine because Apple couldn't figure out the location, so the APPLE MAPKIT thing was left out.

So I'm not sure if this is an Apple bug or a Google Calendar subscription issue, but I'm putting it out there so others will know.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 9:09 AM

There are no replies.

Issue with iOS9 and iCloud publishing to Google Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.