Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extended monitors, dropping windows

At work we are using dual monitors on our Mac workstations to post-produce video products. However, our extended monitors are dropping part of the windows when we attempt to stretch the view across both monitors. Whatever portion of the window that is stretched over the secondary monitor continues to be dropped, no longer visible. I've already "fixed" this discrepancy on one of our workstations, however, I cannot recall what steps I took and failed to take notes.

How do I extend the desktop over extended monitors without the secondary monitor dropping the image?

Mac Pro, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:17 AM

To use Extended desktop across two displays, turn OFF this feature in Mission Control:

User uploaded file

1 reply

Extended monitors, dropping windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.