Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replace 2010 iMac hard drive...

but I have no idea what to order! It needs to be from somewhere that will ship to an APO address (military overseas). I have tried all the repairs suggested, but, alas, they were all correct in assuming that hard drive was going! I would like to upgrade from 1 TB SATA Disk to 2 TB and increase the memory. The details say I have a processor that is 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 of memory (but I have 4 GB- 2 2GB slots-free I would like to use). I have no idea what brand, or what all the acronyms mean regarding hard drives...

I would bring it to the apple store here, but the prices are astronomical and then some with the difference in the currency exchange! I do plan on taking the items to a professional to have installed! I do know my limits and no skills with electronics!! I understand that people may not be albe to endorse products buy I am clueless as to where to start and what will actually work with what I have!

Thank you!!

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:14 PM

Apple Stores will not upgrade the HD for you, you need to take it to an AASP in your area or do it yourself. I'd recommend taking it to a AASP. If you don't know any click https://locate.apple.com/country to begin finding one.

As for a HD source, I recommend OWC (www.macsales.com) and they can help you, they will also help you find a correct cable to connect the fan speed which is required. Beginning in 2009 Apple began using HD's that had temp sensors integrated into the HD, most off-the-shelf drive do not have this. However OWC has a solution that works.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 12:14 PM in response to speechie3

Apple Stores will not upgrade the HD for you, you need to take it to an AASP in your area or do it yourself. I'd recommend taking it to a AASP. If you don't know any click https://locate.apple.com/country to begin finding one.

As for a HD source, I recommend OWC (www.macsales.com) and they can help you, they will also help you find a correct cable to connect the fan speed which is required. Beginning in 2009 Apple began using HD's that had temp sensors integrated into the HD, most off-the-shelf drive do not have this. However OWC has a solution that works.

Replace 2010 iMac hard drive...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.