Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air and Apple TV: Excellent Connection to Time Capsule...But No Internet!

I've recently set up a new network at my house. I live in a building with wireless internet but no ethernet jacks in the walls. I was able to set up an AirPort Express to wirelessly connect to the building wifi and serve as a bridge between the building Wi-Fi and my Time Capsule. I've used the Time Capsule to set up a private network, which I use to connect all my devices. things seem to be working smoothly, but now my MacBook Air has no internet. It connects to the private network I created (via the Time Capsule) with no problems, but indicates there is no internet connection. The laptop was able to connect before and I have not changed any settings. Currently, there are no problems with my iPad and iPhone connecting and getting internet through the Time Capsule private network (and yes, cell data service has been turned off on these devices - as is the building wifi - so the internet is definitely coming thorough the Time Capsule network). I also have the same issue with my Apple TV (excellent connection to network, but no internet), so I don't think this is a device-specific problem. I'm not sure where to start and would appreciate help!

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:50 AM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2015 9:03 AM in response to applegirl0207

Start by power cycling the entire network.

That means powering off each and every device on your network, in any order that you want.

Wait minute

Power up the AirPort Express and let it run for 5 minutes

Power up the Time Capsule next, and let it run for at least a full minute

Keep powering up devices one at a time about a minute apart until the entire network is back up

Check the network

Report on your results

MacBook Air and Apple TV: Excellent Connection to Time Capsule...But No Internet!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.