Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

increased internal temperatures with El Capitan

This evening, I noticed that my 21.5" iMac (EMC 2428) has been running hotter under OS-X 10.11 (El Capitan), than I have noted a week prior, when It was still running Yosemite.

Specifically, the internal temperature has been hovering around 49-50 degrees centigrade (120-122 degrees fahrenheit); this is at least 5 degrees warmer than I noted previously with Yosemite, or Snow Leopard.

Now whilst this for me is not a major issue, as I have HDD Fan Control installed on my machine, thereby increasing fan speed manually should I deem the necessity, it is nevertheless not what I would have expected from a software upgrade that, all-in-all, is a positive one.

Has anybody else here noted the same temperature issues as I have with El Capitan? If so, I would like to hear what your thoughts are on the matter, and whether or not Apple technicians are on the case already, as it were.

Cheers.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:23 AM

10 replies

Oct 12, 2015 11:22 AM in response to David from Leura

I've noticed similar with my MacBook Pro (early 2013) over the last couple weeks. Today I realised the cause (for me at least)...

The fans don't turn on anymore. I have installed temp monitoring apps and can see that the CPU proximity for example can get above 100 degrees and the fans just idle at 2000 rpm. The fans never seem to properly switch on any more...

Anyone else see the same?

(will also post in macbook pro forum - just wondered if it might help...)

Nov 14, 2015 4:08 AM in response to David from Leura

I have a new Macbook Pro and the first month I have problems with the tempure, I reported that the technical support... and is ridiculus new computer with problems... my $3,500 dollars invest in the best computer on the world and incluye the record guiness of more HOT computer...

This week I promises I go to store to change this stupid laptop...

increased internal temperatures with El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.