Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing OS X Lion I can't access my files

How can I find and access all of my files after installing a new OS?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:46 AM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:36 AM in response to genefromzanoni

Hi genefromzanoni,

The Finder application is the best way to view all of the files and folders on your computer. If you just updated your operating system and left your files intact on your machine, then I would suggest opening the Finder application from the Dock. On the menu bar, change the View > as List. Click on the Name header at the top of the first column to place all of the files in alphabetical order.

On the sidebar on the left, click Desktop, and you will see all of the files that you had on the Desktop prior to updating your software. The other main folders are Documents, Music, Pictures and Movies. Clicking on each of these folders on the sidebar will reveal their contents.

If you are looking for a specific file, the Spotlight app can help you find it.

If you're not seeing the files you were expecting to see on your Mac, let us know what happens when you try. For example, do you receive an error message?

Here is some general information for you regarding OS X Lion:

OS X Lion - Technical Specifications

Mac Basics: The Finder organizes all of your files - Apple Support

Cheers,

After installing OS X Lion I can't access my files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.