Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VoiceOver and reader bugs in ios 9.0.2

hi all,

Since upgrading to iOS 9, which is a disappointment to me, there is a problem with VoiceOver and with the Reader function.

VoiceOver:

I'm using a Dutch voice on my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Both devices show a problem with increase/decrease of the reading speed. This speed can only be increased or decreased by steps of 10%. So, an increase brings me from 55% to 65%. The first is a bit too slow, the latter a bit too fast. Is there a way to make these steps smaller, so I can set i to 60 (as I'm used to)?

Reader function:

When swiping from the top of the screen with two fingers, text can be read out loud by the iPhone/iPad. This used to work fine, now it doesn't anymore. The speed is so fast, it's impossible to hear what's being said. Tapping the Slower button doesn't do anything. The speed cannot be changed, so this feature now is completely useless.

When setting the speed in General --> Accessibility --> Speech/Speed, the speed is adjusted as should be, but then the Reader function crashes or whatever; swiping from the top to make the iPhone read out loud the shown text does not work anymore.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 7:23 AM

There are no replies.

VoiceOver and reader bugs in ios 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.