Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open a keynote document because I need a newer version

I created a presentation using Keynote 5.3 (1170), modified and used it in April of this year, however now all I get are pop-up windows that say I need a newer version or I don't have permission to open it. I have tried to set the "Open with" setting to Keynote.app (5.0) without success. Is there any way I can recover this document? I made a serious mistake and downloaded the new iWork apps and tried them out only to decide that a lot of features that I use had been left out. I subsequently banished those apps from my machine. My OS is 10.9.5.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 9:17 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks for the attempt. However, as I indicated I do not want to use the new apps as many of the features I depended upon were left out. I much prefer the old inspector to the new side pane. Also I created the file using the old Keynote and do not understand why it no longer will open the file. I have banished the new versions from my computer as they are only shadows of the old versions. I did find a couple of features that I liked but not enough to give up the features that were omitted.

can't open a keynote document because I need a newer version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.