Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring issue

I’m having difficulties transferring updated apps from my iPhone/iPad to my Mac.

I updated the apps using Wi-Fi on my iPhone/iPad. Before obtaining another iOS update, I attempted to sync with my Mac, backing everything up. A backup has been created, but on iTunes, the apps are not the current versions showing on my iPhone and iPad.

I’ve tried the following:

1. Restarting iTunes, my Mac and iPhone/iPad
  2. Signing out and back into the App store on both Mac and iPhone/iPad
  3. Deauthorizing my Mac and then Authorizing it again
  4. Removing an app from my iPhone and iTunes and re-downloading it
  5. I've been to File > Devices > Transfer Purchases - this does nothing

I primarily sync via USB, but I have attempted syncing over Wi-Fi, but it made no difference.

Everything else syncs fine - new music, photos, even documents within the apps. I just can’t get the updated apps from the iPhone or iPad to iTunes. If there were less than 5 apps I wouldn’t even bother, but I’ve got overt 40 apps between the two devices, ranging from 20-200 MB each app, which I am not downloading again. Any suggestions?

Current software and hardware.

iTunes 12.3.0

Mac OS X 10.10.5

iOS 9.0.2

iPhone 5s

iPad 3rd Generation

iMac (late 2011)

Thanks,

Matt

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2.7GHz i5, 12GB RAM, 1.5TB Fusion

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 8:43 AM

1 reply

Transferring issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.