Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD-r Burning on MacBook-Pro (ElCapitan OS) not working?

2015-10-05 Using MacBook-Pro 13-inch Model A1278 (Mid 2012) with latest OS with over 350GB free disk space. System info shows capable of burning CD & DVD-R +More.

I inserted new blank DVD-R (Verbatim 4.7GB) and screen of "DISK UTILITY" pens and shows a whirling color circle with message - "Gathering Disk information..." and never finishes - I have to force quit - Disk Utilites to restart/shutdown.

Finder/Help says inserting a DVD brings up a Disk Utility Menu to Drag & Drop files to the DVD.....this never happens.

I also tried selecting files first in "FINDER" then clicked on "burn" in top menu and screen message says to insert blank disk - inserted DVD-R and same thing happens and system locks up.

I was able to burn small files to a CD but burning xx Gig files to DVD locks up the system.

Can this be fixed so it works correctly?

Thanks

BM2400

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), CD/DVD Enabled-Free Space 350GB

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 9:46 AM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 9:42 AM in response to BM2400

maybe it can be fixed? try using a dvd cleaning disc with the brushes built in. then try zapping the pram-reboot, hold down apple, option, P and R keys for 3 bongs and let go, let computer continue booting. Apart from resetting the SMU, or adding ram, I don't what else to suggest.

for the SMC, shut down computer, plug in power adapter, on left hand side of keyboard, press shift, control, option and power keys for 30 seconds, release 'em, and then press the power button. I'd suggest verifying and repairing permissions in Disk utility but, apparently El Capitan doesn't do that anymore. Ah, the perks of leadership !!

anyways, I hope any of this helped you, if not, post back here and someone else can help you....

JB

DVD-r Burning on MacBook-Pro (ElCapitan OS) not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.