Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Crash (FaceCoreEmbedded) after Capitan Upgrade

I upgrade to capitan, i had no problem with photo before

Upgrade OK

I open Photo : OK

I plug an iPhone to upload some pics into Photo

During the importation, Photo crash (FaceCoreEmbedded plugin )

After That, each time i try to run phot, it crash with the same message (see below)

I restore last photo library (backup before capitan upgrade), the i run photo

I repairs the database, then open it correctly, i can see my pics

I plug an iPhone to upload some pics into Photo

During the importation, Photo crash ... and you know the rest of the story ... I cannot use photoanymore...

reboot : same issue

An idea ?

Process: Photos [1488]

Path: /Applications/Photos.app/Contents/MacOS/Photos

Identifier: com.apple.Photos

Version: 1.1 (335.4.0)

Build Info: PhotoApp-335004000000000~5

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: Photos [1488]

User ID: 502

PlugIn Path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Fram eworks/Faces.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FaceCoreEmbedded.framework/Versions /A/FaceCoreEmbedded

PlugIn Identifier: com.apple.vision.FaceCoreEmbedded

PlugIn Version: 3.9.10 (3.9.10)

Date/Time: 2015-10-05 19:09:14.482 +0200

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11 (15A284)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: C566008B-E66B-F887-6EC3-A274C5BA6464

Time Awake Since Boot: 150000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 19 Dispatch queue: Face Detection

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:57 PM

First repair the library according to this Apple document: Repair Your Library and try importing again.

If Photos still crashes as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This will tell us if the app is at fault or the library.

User uploaded file

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:57 PM in response to nostrok

First repair the library according to this Apple document: Repair Your Library and try importing again.

If Photos still crashes as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? This will tell us if the app is at fault or the library.

User uploaded file

Oct 5, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Old Toad

--> Done, Cannot start Photo, same issue (facecore)

If Photos still crashes as a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

--> Yes it persists !, during (or just after) importation of the 10 last pics of the iPhone, Pohotop crash, always for the same reason

NK

PlugIn Path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryPrivate.framework/Versions/A/Fram eworks/Faces.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FaceCoreEmbedded.framework/Versions /A/FaceCoreEmbedded

PlugIn Identifier: com.apple.vision.FaceCoreEmbedded

PlugIn Version: 3.9.10 (3.9.10)

Date/Time: 2015-10-05 20:26:46.905 +0200

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11 (15A284)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: C566008B-E66B-F887-6EC3-A274C5BA6464

Oct 7, 2015 2:57 PM in response to nostrok

OT, thanks for your help,

I contact apple Support for this issue, they call me back 1 day later as expected,

I explained to them the issue, and all actions already executed

- they ask me to do a RAM Reinit & another thing to reinit (i don't remember the term) --> Same issue with Photo

-Then, Reinstall El Capitan --> Issue is FIXED after reinstall

->i reconfigure photo on the initial library, , all is OK, i have all my photos, and i can import new photo from my iPhone without crash

Tks again

NK

Photo Crash (FaceCoreEmbedded) after Capitan Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.