Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nike+ crashes while uploading workout

The Nike+ app crashes while uploading my workout.

I've used nike+ for some years now, without any problem.

But all of a sudden, I can't upload my workouts anymore, it crashes in the middle of the uploading process.

More specifically, I haven't been able to upload any workout in the last 2 weeks.

This is a copy of the report I get:

Process: Nike+ Connect [390]

Path: /Applications/Nike+ Connect.app/Contents/MacOS/Nike+ Connect

Identifier: com.nike.nikeplusconnect

Version: 0.1

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [170]

Responsible: Nike+ Connect [390]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-10-01 10:52:42.571 -0300

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: D761078D-EED0-4D8F-CD37-1E3347E2F69A

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000004

[...]

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've even updated the software recently.

What changed? What's the problem?

Even better, how do I solve it?

I've already seen a few posts about this same problem, but I can't find any solution.

I use it very often and I'm running a marathon next sunday, so it's quite urgent for me. I would appreciate any feedback.

MacBook Air

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 9:29 AM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2015 9:54 AM in response to jmlopezpena

Try a restart.

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode

Nike+ crashes while uploading workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.