Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Running El Capitan and Safari 9.0. Websites still asking to "Upgrade Browser"

Hello,

I am running El Capitan(v10.11) and Safari 9.0 on a iMac Early 2009 with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB of memory. A lot of websites I visit such as hotmail, Bank of America, Disneyland still ask to "upgrade browser" The Disneyland website says:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Safari 5 is not able to handle some important functionality on disneyland.com. We strongly recommend that you upgrade to a web browser that is able to provide a better and more secure online experience.

Upgrade Apple Safari

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 10:42 AM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2015 5:35 PM in response to lrivero

Edit: It's incredibly irritating when you click on someone's question, and no one has answered, only to find after you submit your response that someone has in fact answered, several hours back even, and your advice was what they gave and it was shot down. I wish Apple would do something to fix that.

To the OP — have you tried emptying the caches? Go to Safari Preferences --> Advanced --> Show Develop menu in menu bar. Then go to Develop --> Empty Caches.

Running El Capitan and Safari 9.0. Websites still asking to "Upgrade Browser"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.