Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream and Camera Roll disappeared after installted 9.0.2

Hi all

My Photostream and Camera Roll disappeared after installing 9.0.2. All the photos are still on the iphone 6 Plus. I used the same apple ID on all 6 devices (Iphone 6, iPad Air2/Air and mini2). This problem only happen to my iPhone 6 plus, but not others running 9.0.1

I also noticed under/Setting/icloud/Photos/ It was saying that 1,191 items is being transfter to icloud. These number is getting smaller over time. Does it means my photos are being transferred to iCLoud?

Also, I noticed data my phone is not being back up to iCloud for 3 days.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:12 AM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2015 11:51 AM in response to GXIS

My Photostream and Camera Roll disappeared after installing 9.0.2.

Photos does not show a Camera Roll album or a My Photo Stream album, if iCloud Photo Library has been enabled. You can only see these albums, if you are not using iCloud Photo Library. With iCloud Photo Library My Photo Stream will work silently in the background.

Do you want to use iCloud Photo Library or has it been activated accidentally?

I also noticed under/Setting/icloud/Photos/ It was saying that 1,191 items is being transfter to icloud.

That indicates that your photos are being uploaded to iCloud Photo Library. Check your settings. If "Optimize Storage" is active, only lightweight versions of your Photos will remain on your iPhone and you will need an internet connection, if you want to edit your photos.

Oct 5, 2015 5:03 PM in response to léonie

I accidentially activated the iCloud Library. What is the advantage of this ICloud library? I noticed I can see all the photos and video that were taken from my iPhone 6 plus when I login to icloud.com

However, I am now not able to see all the other photos taken by other devices using the same apple ID.

How do I go back to the Camera Roll and Photo Stream setting on my iPhone?

Thank you

Oct 5, 2015 10:00 PM in response to GXIS

I accidentially activated the iCloud Library. What is the advantage of this ICloud library? I noticed I can see all the photos and video that were taken from my iPhone 6 plus when I login to icloud.com

However, I am now not able to see all the other photos taken by other devices using the same apple ID.

iCloud Photo Library is acentral photo library in the iCloud. If you enable the library on more than one device, all devices will bekept in sync. They will show exactly the same photos and any edit you do on one device will sync to the other photos. This will requirethat all devices are having enough storage to keep all your photos locally. Or you need to enable "optimize storage"; then your iPhone will keep only smaller thumbnails and the photos need to be retrieved from iCloud, of you want to view and edit them. You will need a fast internet connection to work with your photos this way, or it will painfully slow to access your photos.

See this help document: iCloud Photo Library FAQ

Oct 6, 2015 12:42 PM in response to léonie

HI Leonie

Thank you for your reply. This helps me understand the nature of the iCloud Library.

I will try it out for awhile.

This seems to free up a lot of space on my iPhone 6.

If in case I don't like the iClould Library, will I be able to revert back to Camera Roll and PhotoStream without losing my photo and video?

Thank you again!

Photostream and Camera Roll disappeared after installted 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.