Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to view all my wireless connections and signal strength but have forgotten how to do so.

I used to view all my wireless connections and signal strength but have forgotten how to do so. Can someone walk me through the steps again?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, CD slot retrieval

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:11 AM

We'll have to guess and assume that you mean that you want to check the connections from your Apple AirPort router to connected wireless devices.

On your Mac.....open AirPort Utility

(Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Hold down the option key on your Mac while you double-click on the picture of the AirPort router

Wireless connections will be displayed

Click on the small arrow next to each connection for more details about that connection

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2015 11:11 AM in response to Mark 31

We'll have to guess and assume that you mean that you want to check the connections from your Apple AirPort router to connected wireless devices.

On your Mac.....open AirPort Utility

(Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Hold down the option key on your Mac while you double-click on the picture of the AirPort router

Wireless connections will be displayed

Click on the small arrow next to each connection for more details about that connection

I used to view all my wireless connections and signal strength but have forgotten how to do so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.