Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing apps

Hello recently i had my ipad sent off for repair (died just after the warranty ran out, like they're designed to 😉 )

anyway, so i was sent a replacement refurbished ipad i updated itunes through extraction as applesupport wouldn't install (like for everyone else)

so after updating and restoring my ipad from a backup, it failed to install any apps saying all 200 files were missing.

So now i have redownloaded all the important apps to my ipad and have discovered that all my apps on the sync menu have GONE and that my ipad will not transfer the apps to my pc during syn (sync completes but does not ask to transfer)

now when i go on the shortcut to apps menu, no apps apear but if i go onto account, recent purchases it shows all my 200 apps, and if i click 'download all' nothing happens.

Help, how can i have my apps back in my library and back on my computer so i never have to manually download through the ipad app store ever again 😢

Itunes-OTHER, Windows 7, x64bit

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:21 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 4:13 AM in response to Gabbatek

If the content was in your library see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

If you have to download 200 apps from your purchase history iTunes may well choke if you try to get them all in one hit.

With the introduction of iOS 9 and iTunes 12.3 apps are no longer transferred into iTunes when backing up. This seems to be connected to a new feature called app thinning or app slicing. App thinning allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device. I suspect Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime enabling automatic downloads of app purchases in iTunes should help to make sure iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data.

tt2

Missing apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.