Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block my caller ID

I know how to block my caller ID, but I was wondering if there is anyone who has a way to put that function right on the desktop or in the slide up control panel. I am a veterinarian and I use my phone for both work and personal use. When I call clients, I don't want them to have my personal phone number. That way they can't call me in the middle of the night. There is an emergency operator who takes calls and distributes the call to the veterinarian on call that night. On the other hand, when I call friends and family, I don't want the "Caller ID Blocked" message to prevent them from picking up. I would just as soon they know who is calling. If they screen my calls, well, so be it.

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:34 AM

No. However, you might want to try using a service like Google Voice (free for domestic calls in the US). You get a number that you can set up to ring to multiple phones if you want, and when you place calls using the Google Voice app from your phone, the calls will appear to come from the GV number, not your regular number. As a bonus, you can set rules and schedules for when that number will be allowed to ring your phone and when it will go straight to voice mail.

I've been using Google Voice for years to keep business and personal calls segregated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 7:34 AM in response to mb34

No. However, you might want to try using a service like Google Voice (free for domestic calls in the US). You get a number that you can set up to ring to multiple phones if you want, and when you place calls using the Google Voice app from your phone, the calls will appear to come from the GV number, not your regular number. As a bonus, you can set rules and schedules for when that number will be allowed to ring your phone and when it will go straight to voice mail.

I've been using Google Voice for years to keep business and personal calls segregated.

Block my caller ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.