Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating to El Capitan (10.11), iPhoto (9.6.1) "don't see" my iPhone 6 (9.0.2). Since OS update also in iTunes (12.3.0.44) sink with my IPhone is always stuck on step 7 of 8 - importing photos. Thank you.

After updating to El Capitan (10.11), iPhoto (9.6.1) "don't see" my iPhone 6 (9.0.2). Since OS update also in iTunes (12.3.0.44) sink with my IPhone is always stuck on step 7 of 8 - importing photos. Thank you.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 3.06GHz i3, 16GB

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:32 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Draspr

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

If you can import successfully into the new library then your current library is the culprit and need to be repaired according to this Apple document: Repair Your Library.

Also where is you're library located and how much free space do you have on your drive.

User uploaded file

Oct 5, 2015 12:08 PM in response to Draspr

Draspr, I experienced a similar thing with nearly the same set-up. I just updated to El Capitan, Photos came up by default and I'd prefer to continue using iPhoto 9.6.1. When I launched iPhoto, it just appeared to hang and I thought, crap, they're forcing us into "Photos". I didn't have any photos on the phone, so took one. iPhoto imported it without an error after that. Check to make sure you have at least one image on your phone, then give it another try. EP

Oct 5, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Old Toad

When I connect my Canon sx100 iPhoto immediately recognized it.

For more than 3 years my iPhoto library has been in (for me unknown reason) in Users>Myself>Pictures>iChat Icons and iPhoto been working just fine.

Unfortunatly I cannot use new Photos bcs of infamous "Photos does not have necessery permission..." (Why Photos always need to complete 8% of import before realized that?).

I have 62 GB free out of 500GB

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.