Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automatic app updates not working since installing iOS 9.0.2

After updating to iOS 9 (and eventually iOS 9.0.2), apps are not updating on my iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 or iPad Air. In settings, I have them set up to automatically update. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to fix this. Tried shutting down devices and even doing a hard reboot. Reset my phone but no luck. I have to manually do the updates daily.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:19 PM

I have the same issue on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.0.2. So frustrating running into all kinds of bugs with iOS 8 and now iOS 9. Quality has dropped at Apple over the last couple of years. I thought iOS 9 was supposed to fix a lot of these annoying issues but it added more. Apple's podcast app is buggy and missing basic features, my apps no longer update automatically, the music app seems like it was designed by a person who knows nothing about UI or us design.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 11:19 PM in response to barryfromgrandforks

I have the same issue on my iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.0.2. So frustrating running into all kinds of bugs with iOS 8 and now iOS 9. Quality has dropped at Apple over the last couple of years. I thought iOS 9 was supposed to fix a lot of these annoying issues but it added more. Apple's podcast app is buggy and missing basic features, my apps no longer update automatically, the music app seems like it was designed by a person who knows nothing about UI or us design.

Oct 12, 2015 10:42 PM in response to barryfromgrandforks

Well I've tried all kinds of things other than resetting my iPad. I've turned automatic updates off, did a restart, turned automatic updates back on, still not working. Why are there so many bugs with iOS? I should have known not to update my devices but I'm used to the Applie of the past where quality meant something and we used to look forward to new updates. Now every update is a bag of hurt.

automatic app updates not working since installing iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.