Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Notes crashes--in browser EVERY TIME

I use iCloud notes on ipad, iphone and in browser constantly. I've never had a problem in the past, but for the past week Notes will NOT open in browser. It crashes every single time. I've tried logging out and back into iCloud in the browser and it never works. I use Chrome. Here's what happens:

I log in to iCloud.

I click on Notes.

I have 5 notes in Notes but when it first opens, only one note is showing up and a spinning circle and the word "Load..."

Then I get the below error. Every single time.

Neither Reload nor Send to Apple does any good. This has been going on for a week and has not changed. I can't get into Notes in browser.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 3:03 PM

I just tested in Safari and same thing happens there. I am using Mac Powerbook with OS X.

4 replies

Mar 23, 2016 10:58 AM in response to koenfrommaaseik

I've had the same problem and found no answer on the web. I spent 2 hours with Apple Support and have been escalated to an engineer. I'll fill you in on the results when I hear back!

Apr 27, 2016 6:25 AM in response to DeathbyZamboni

Same thing. Chrome and IE on my work PC both hang when opening icloud notes. I was FORCED (must meet the new rules) to update my icloud password this week and have assumed a connection. But if the people above have not updated anything in their accouint settings prior to this event we'll have to chalk that part up to coincidence.

Anyway, any help would be enormously useful. I use this everyday.

iCloud Notes crashes--in browser EVERY TIME

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.