Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send to Compressor: failure

Suddenly, (as in worked yesterday, doesn't today. Recent changes to the system: FxFactory update--disabled so it's not the issue, ProVideoFormats 2.0.3), Send to Compressor returns two problems:

1. Clips sent to Compressor display color bars and are all one second in length in the Compressor window.

2. Batch fails and returns a bright red error: "3x timed out, server application never registered to receive message."

3. (Okay, three things) If I use Compressor's Add File command and locate the clip inside the Library at the Finder, using Show Package Contents, the batch will run normally and successfully.

I have done all the usual stuff we recommend around here in attempting to debug this on my own (trash prefs, new user acct blahblahblah). Seems to be an issue with FCPX, not the movie file, and not Compressor so I am contemplating trashing FCPX and downloading again which just seems completely lame.

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), fcp forum elitist

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:50 PM

6 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:31 AM in response to Russ H

Whoa. That worked.

I created the weirdest and most complex destination I could (WMV, timecode, plus several additional filters and effects) and the file transcoded quickly and perfectly.

Sending the same file to Compressor results in "Loading project..." appearing in the Compressor preview window. Nothing every shows up and the transcode fails.

Back in FCPX, if I highlight the clip, Show in Finder, go to the clip, and drop it onto Compressor, the batch will transcode perfectly.

So. All I know at the moment is FCPX;'s Send to Compressor is busted. ButCompressor and the Compressor engine that is available from whiten FCPX as a background task are working just fine.

Thank you for your help and the suggestion to use Share (to destination). I never would have thought to try that on my own.

Send to Compressor: failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.