Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with El Capitan and GarageBand.

My iMac keeps jamming while I'm working in GarageBand. The circular pause icon comes on and doesn't go off. I keep having to restart the computer manually. Is there any way to fix this?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2015 10:02 AM

i have identical problems on my iMac 27" Retina (2015). However, Garageband keeps playing sound, but is otherwise non-responsive. As a workaround, I switch to another application and then back to Garageband, which recovers control.

4 replies

Jan 24, 2016 2:36 PM in response to ocd85

I have the same problem (the wheel appears shortly after playback starts, music continues, but contols unresponsive) sice El Cap upgrade (the new wheel is prettier) and stumbled on the same answer. As a frequent user, I then found something really easy, again by accident. I sweep fingers up on trackpad to Mission Control mode, shrinking the Garage Band window briefly, and immediately down again. The wheel goes away, with the uninterrupted playback and controls respond as if nothing ever happened.

Problems with El Capitan and GarageBand.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.