Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super hub vs TC

Hi. We've just moved house and are trying to connect out TC to a Virgin super hub. Something weird happens when I plug the TC into the hub whereby we lose the Virgin signal. Any help would be amazing.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2015 1:46 PM

Whenever you change Internet service or the modem, you need to reset the TC back to factory default settings and then set it up again, so that it will pick up the new correct settings from your "new" network.

3 replies

Oct 5, 2015 2:08 PM in response to emilyportnoi

If I restore factory settings will I lose all the data currently on there?

No, data on the hard drive is not affected at all. The only way you would lose your data was if you performed a completely separate and deliberate "Erase Disk" operation.

Also I've read something about bridge mode - could this be a possible solution?

When you set up the TC again, the configuration "wizard" takes care of things like this automatically, so you don't have to worry about what settings to choose. It's all automatic. Post back if you need a few tips on how to get things working again.

Super hub vs TC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.